Tomatillo & Poblano Salsa Fresca
I LOVE Mexican food....I repeat, I LOVE Mexican food! We eat it at least twice a week and I would eat it even more if I had a lifetime supply of tortillas and chips stocked in my house. I think the main reason I love it so much is the ingredients are typically pretty clean, bright and LOADED with flavor. It is so easy to take any Mexican cuisine and improvise it to your clean eating needs/wants and not have to skimp on flavor!
This Tomatillo + Poblano Salsa Fresca is no exception. It is packed with flavor and is legit good on anything or just by itself! I may have eaten half the bowl with a spoon. Image it on top of some gorgeous tacos or on two fried eggs! We all know how much I love a good fried egg...I MEAN!!! So, I am not a huge tomato fan but I absolutely love tomatillo's. It's mild in flavor and has such a nice crunch. It works perfectly with the bold flavors of the poblano and red onion. They are all a match made in clean eating heaven! And once you have it made, it stores in fridge nicely and just keeps getting better and better as all of the flavors marry together over time!! Make this ASAP and just keep it in the fridge to add to any meal!
Serving size: ALOT...about 3 cups
Prep time: 5-7 minutes
Cook time: n/a
Total time: 7 minutes
- 4-5 medium size tomatillo's, outer husk removed and cut into four's
- 1 poblano pepper, cut into cubed
- 1/2 jalapeno, cubed
- 1/2 medium red onion, cubed
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- In a food processor or blender, add tomatillo's + poblano pepper + jalapeño + red onion + garlic..
- Once they are all chopped and blended to your desire, fold in the fresh cilantro + lime and season with sea salt, to taste.
- Pour the goods in a dipping bowl, pair with Siete grain-free lime tortilla chips and ENJOY!
Peace and Clean Eats,