Turmeric Chicken + Broccolini Stir-Fry
It's no secret, I am obsessed with turmeric! It's also not a secret, I am equally as obsessed with stir-fry's! So obvi, this meal is one of my favorites and a go-to on our menu. We grew this broccolini in our garden and the flavor is off-the-chain. Growing your own food is so rewarding and I felt like a total homesteading badass with this one. Not only is it awesome to grow, harvest and cook your own food, but it's even better knowing exactly what it has been exposed to, what soil it has been growing in and farm fresh veggies ALWAYS taste better! If you don't have the space or availability for your own garden, I highly recommend finding at local farmers market to hit up once a week. You will be hooked! Okay, let's get to the details!
Serving size: 2
Prep time: 5-7 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 17 minutes
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 bundle of broccolini, stemmed and chopped into three's
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. turmeric seasoning
- 2 tbsp. of coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- S + P
- Prep all of your ingredients: cube your chicken breasts by slicing in to strips and then cutting into 1-inch cubes, cut your broccolini into 2 inch sections, leaving some of the steam (about 2 inches) discarding of the rest. Chop half of a red onion and measure out your seasonings (turmeric + coconut aminos).
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet on. medium heat, add avocado oil and let that heat for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken cubes and season with S +P. Sauté until almost completely cooked through stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes.
- Add in broccolini and red onion. Mix well and begin to soften the veggies.
- Add in turmeric and coconut aminos, let the veggies & chicken finish cooking, soften and absorb the seasonings.
- Turn off heat and you are DONE....enjoy!
Peace and Clean Eats,