Japanese Sweet Potato Fries
If I had to pick a favorite, the Japanese sweet potato is top 5 for sure!!! It is packed with nutrients, high in vitamin A, vitamin C and manganese. And did I mention they are lower, a good bit lower, in carbohydrates than a traditional sweet potato. They speak my love language! This super simple side item will have you craving them on the regular!
Serving size: 4
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
Total time: 37 minutes
- 2 medium size Japanese sweet potatoes
- Avocado Oil Spray
- Salt and Pepper
- Tessemae's Ketchup for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice sweet potato's in 1 inch width fries and length to your desire.
- Arrange on a backing sheet lined with parchment paper making sure they are not overlapping.
- Spray with avocado oil spray and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes depending on your oven. I like mine a little extra crispy so after I am done roasting them I turn on the broil on HIGH and broil for 2-3 minutes, keeping an eye on them making sure not to burn them.
- Plate and serve with Tessemae's ketchup.
Peace and Clean Eats,