This is my spin-on a traditional pesto. Leave out the parmesan and substitute pine nuts for more nutrient dense nuts/seeds like the walnut and hemp hearts. Not to hate on the pine nut, but you cannot compete with these two! Walnuts are loaded with your much needed omega-3's and hemp hearts are one of the cleanest proteins around. Check out the full recipe below! Make a big batch of this, store in an air-tight glass container and it will keep in your fridge for up tp 3 weeks! Put it on your eggs, a salad, or veggie noddles...the options are endless and it will keep your meals flavorful and loaded with great nutrition!
Prep time: 2 minutes
Blend time: 2 minutes
Total time: 4 minutes
- 2 loose cups, fresh basil
- 1/2 cup nuts/seeds, mixed walnuts and hemp hearts (the inside of the hemp seed)
- 1/2 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- S+P to taste
- Load it all up in a food processor or blender.
- Blend until thick and creamy!
- Store in an air-tight, glass container like a mason jar and keep in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks!
Peace and Clean Eats,