Lemon Collagen Protein Balls
These little bites of goodness may be small but they are mighty! And they are LOADED with all of the goods! Between the collagen peptides, flaxseeds, hemp hearts, almonds, cashews and coconut, you are SET!
Benefits of Collagen Peptides:
- healthy skin, hair and nails (glowing skin and a more youthful appearance....can I get an AMEN!)
- Aids in joint, ligament and muscle recovery
- Healthy cartilage
- Increases athletic performance
- Improves digestion
- Gut health
The flaxseed and hemp hearts are loaded with the essential fiber, omegas and protein that our bodies need to thrive. I keep these in my fridge for about a week and eat one when I am feeling that mid-afternoon slump or when I feel I haven't eaten as well that day! You can also keep them in a freezer for up to 3 weeks!
Serving size: 15 balls
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: n/a
Total time: 5 minutes
- 2/3 cup raw almonds
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1/2 cup creamy cashew butter
- 2 tbsp. hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp. almond milk (vanilla)
- zest of 1 lemon, about 1 tbsp.
- juice of half a lemon
- 4 tbsp. shredded coconut for topping + additional lemon zest
- In a high powered blender or food processor, blend dried almonds until well chopped
- Add all other remaining ingredients (hold coconut) and blend until a thick dough forms. Stop half way and scrape the sides to make sure it all gets well blended.
- Dump in to a bowl and form 1-inch balls by rolling dough in your hands.
- Place shredded coconut in a bowl and zest another lemon. Mix together and roll formed balls in the mixture.
- Store in an airtight glass container in your fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 weeks.
Peace and Clean Eats,