Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps
When you have an abundance of Bibb lettuce from the garden and you're craving asian cuisine...this is what happens! I give you Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps...Enjoy!
Serving size: 2
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. of grass-fed beef flank steak
- 1/2 tbsp. arrowroot starch
- 2-3 tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup shallots
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup of water or beef bone broth
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp. white vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup green onion (greens only), for topping
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar or rice vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. honey (omit if doing Whole30)
- 1/2 Serrano pepper, thinly sliced
- 8-10 leaves of Bibb lettuce
- 2 carrots, cut into match sticks
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into match sticks
- 1/2 cup each fresh Thai basil (or regular basil), fresh cilantro and fresh mint
- 1/2 cup mung bean sprouts
- Sliced lime
- Thinly slice flank steak in 1/4 inch thick strips, against the grain.
- Season with salt, pepper and arrowroot starch. Toss to make sure the beef is evenly coated.
- Heat avocado oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Cook beef strips in stages, browning both sides and cooking thoroughly. Set aside and let it rest.
- Add red pepper flakes, garlic and shallots. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, just to soften the shallot and garlic.
- Add water or bone broth to de-glaze the pan. Once you get all of the good, browned bits off the pan and mixed all ingredients, add beef back in the skillet and toss to coat.
- Add coconut aminos, fish sauce, sesame oil, vinegar. Mix well and let cook for 5 minutes to let the sauce thicken and mix with the beef.
- Make dipping sauce: combine all ingredients together, whisk and set aside.
- Construct lettuce wraps: place Bibb lettuce, carrot sticks, cucumber sticks, fresh herbs, mung bean sprouts, beef (top with green onion) and sauce on a platter then assemble away!!!
Peace and Clean Eats,