Pan-Cooked Chicken w/ Veggie Stir-Fry
Typical quick and easy weeknight dinner for the Klewein's. You will learn quickly that I live for veggie stir-fry's and protein. You can use any vegetables you have in the fridge that need to be eaten and any protein to pair it with! They never disappoint and this one was no exception! Oh and did I mention it took me less than 15 minutes to make it, start to finish?
Serving size: 2
Prep time: 3-5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 3-4 tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 boneless, skin-less chicken breast
- 1 bundle of asparagus
- 3-4 stalks of celery
- 1 medium size sweet onion
- Prep your chicken by rinsing and drying your chicken breasts. With a sharp knife, cut each chicken breast in half as if your were going to butterfly them but cut all the way through so you have 4 pieces, instead of two. This will allow you to cook the chicken faster, making sure it's cooked all the way through. Then generously season all side of the chicken with S+P.
- Chop the asparagus, celery and onion to your desired size. I did about an inch cubes.
- Add 1-2 tbsp. of avocado oil in two separate skillets, preferably cast-iron, on medium high heat.
- Once heated and oiled, add veggies to one skillet and chicken breasts to the other.
- Season veggies with S+P and saute until tender and browned.
- Cook chicken breast over medium-low heat, on each side for about 5-7 minutes. Until crispy, browned and fully cooked.
Peace and Clean Eats,