Tarragon & Almond Chicken Salad
This is a super simple, quick chicken salad but is loaded with flavor thanks to the wonderful herb, tarragon and the yummy roasted almonds. You can double this recipe to have extra for the week. It stores great in the fridge and is delish on top of these crackers or a bed of lettuce! Or if you're entertaining, this would make a fabulous appetizer!
Serving size: 4
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: n/a
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken (pulled and shredded) or 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (boiled and shredded)
- 1/2 cup My Homemade Mayo OR a good quality, clean mayo like Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo
- 2 tbsp. fresh tarragon, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, roasted
- The juice of half of a small lemon (1/4 if larger lemon)
- Salt + Pepper
- Jilz Crackerz (optional or are they really???)
- Lightly roast sliced almonds in a dry cast-iron skillet, stir constantly until golden brown and fragrant.
- Place shredded chicken in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in mayo, tarragon, roasted almonds, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix, taste and re-season if necessary!
- I placed mine on top of Jilz Crackerz because they are DELISH and made with clean, amazing ingredients loaded with super foods!
Peace and Clean Eats,