Honey Orange Vinaigrette
This creation took some time people and it was totally worth it! I made it in my quest to re-create South City Kitchen's strawberry salad and wanting to make a similar vinaigrette like the one they had paired with it. I am not trying to toot my own horn BUT I think I crushed it. And when I tell you this dressing has A LOT of flavor...it has A LOT of flavor. Still light because it's a vinaigrette so it is great for any summer time salad! Check it!
Serving size: 12 oz.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: n/a
Total time: 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Local Honey
- 1/4 tbsp. Fresh Thyme
- 1/4 tbsp. Fresh Basil (about two leaves)
- 1/2 tbsp. Shallot
- Zest of 1/4 of an Orange (about 1 tbsp. adjust to taste depending on how "orangey" you like things)
- Splash of White Wine because cooking is more fun with wine (OPTIONAL)
- 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pinches of Black Pepper
- In a blender or food processor add all ingredients except the Olive Oil.
- Blend until well mixed...while it's blending add in olive oil slowly and continue to blend.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge. Separation will occur, just shake well to re-mix!
- Use with any salad but make sure and try it with it's perfect pair...Callie's Crunchy Strawberry Sprout Salad :)
Peace and Clean Eats,