Whole30 Chicken Salad & Collard Green Wrap
Craving a chicken salad wrap but you're on Whole30 or you're just trying to stay away from extra carbs and needing more leafy greens in your life? This 4-ingredient chicken salad wrapped in a collard green will save the day!
Serving size: 2
Prep time: 10 minutes
Assembly Time: 5 Minutes
Total time: 15 Minutes
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup compliant mayo
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2-3 collard greens
- 1 avocado. sliced
- 4-5 radishes, sliced
Instructions (Chicken Salad):
- Remove all meat off of chicken and shred
- Add mayo, chopped red onion, pumpkin seeds and salt + pepper
- Using a spatula, mix well and set aside
Instructions (Collard Greens):
- Prep the collard green by removing as much of the hard stem as possible. This is what has the bitter taste. Use your knife and carefully trim down as much of the stem as possible while keeping the collard green in-tacked.
- Prep an ice bath by putting 2 cups of ice in a bowl of cold water.
- Boil water in a pot large enough to submerge one individual leaf. Once water is boiling add the whole leaf into the boiling water for only about 15 seconds. Transfer to your ice bath, this will stop the cooking.
- Pull collard green out of the ice bath and dry thoroughly. Now they are soft and bendable, ready to be used to as a wrap!
Instructions (Wrap Assembly):
- Lay collard green out on a flat surface, scoop about a cup of chicken salad and place in the middle of the collard green.
- Top the chicken salad with sliced avocado and radishes. You can get creative here and use any compliant toppings you like!
- Roll up collard green starting on one side and just fold in all of the edges until it looks like a burrito. Then cut in half to see all the glory that's inside!
Peace and Clean Eats,