Skillet Veggie Frittata
Frittatas are my go-to for really any meal. If I am randomly hungry during the day and do not know what to make, I make a frittata. Or when it is 8:30 at night and the hubs is gone working out, I make a frittata. Or hell, sometimes it's 2 pm and I want a "snack", I'll make a frittata. They are just so good because you can make it with so many different veggies and top with whatever you are feeling at the moment. You know it will satisfy you, you'll get a few extra servings of veggies and fill up on good fats and protein..win win!
Serving size: single serving
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- Ghee (click link for explanation and benefits of Ghee)
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and cut in 2-3-inch slices
- ½ sweet onion, cut in 2-3-inch slices
- 5 crimini mushrooms (or any variety you like), slice to desired size
- 1 cup baby spinach, washed and dried
- 2 eggs, beaten until no separation
- ½ tsp. salt, preferably pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp. of ghee in a small skillet (preferably cast iron). Add in the sliced peppers, onions and mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Sauté the peppers, onion and mushrooms until tender and browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the baby spinach and mix them all together. This is just to wilt the spinach and get all of the veggies mixed together, about 30 seconds.
- Pour the mixed eggs on top of the veggie mixture and evenly distribute. Let the egg cook for about 1 minute. Once the edges of the egg are set, turn off heat.
- Transfer skillet into your oven and broil on HIGH for 2-3 minutes. This will further cook the eggs. Remove from oven and you’re DONE!!
- Top with micro-greens for added punch of nutrients and flavor! Plus, they look pretty :)