Chicken Sausage Stir-fry
A great go-to recipe for any meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner. I will eat this for breakfast when I need a break from eggs but still want to load up on my protein and veggies. Or get a little crazy and add an egg on top for a little additional fat & protein, if you are feeling it… you make the rules!!! This is also a great meal-prep recipe because you can double it and eat it through out the week!
Serving Size: 4
Prep time: 5-7 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 17 minutes
- 2 tbsp. Avocado or coconut oil
- 1 package (4-5 links) of "clean" pre-cooked sausage (Bilinski's is my favorite brand), cut in 1-inch portions
- Really read your labels on sausages. Most have a good amount of added sugars and things we cannot even pronounce
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded & chopped into 1-inch cubes
- ½ yellow bell pepper, seeded & chopped into1-inch cubes
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded & chopped into ½ - inch cubes
- ½ red onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Aminos
- 1/2 tsp. Red pepper flake
- handful of a fresh herb of your choice (cilantro or parsley pair well with this)
- Heat 2 tbsp. of avocado oil over medium heat in a skillet, preferably cast-iron. Add sausages, bell peppers, poblano peppers, red onion, garlic into skillet. Season with S&P. Sauté until tender and browned.
- Add red pepper flake and give it a once over mix. Then add coconut aminos. Mix again until all ingredients are married together.
- Put mixture in the bowl, top with some fresh cilantro or parsley, then take it to the house!